Jaipur is a bustling capital city with all the trappings of a modern metropolis but yet flavoured strongly with an age-old charm. The old Jaipur is painted in Pink can grip any visitor with admiration and Stunning backdrop of ancient forts like Nahargarh, Amer, Jaigarh and Moti Doongari are apt testimonials of the bygone era and a reminder of their lingering romance and chivalry.
Jaipur is called as the Pink City because there was one time, when all the houses in Jaipur were of pink colour, though it’s not the same now but in old city area there are still several houses which are pink in colour.
Folklore of heroism and romance resound from the formidable monuments that majestically stand to tell the tale of a bygone era. Jaipur’s bazaars sell embroidered leather shoes, blue pottery, tie and dye scarves and other exotic wares. Western Rajasthan itself forms a convenient circuit, in the heart of the Thar Desert which has shaped its history, lifestyles and architecture.
5 Quick Facts about Jaipur
1. Culture – Being Located in east of Rajasthan, this city of Jaipur is popular of the amazing forts and stupendous palaces. This royal town has magnificent architecture and is the first planned city of India. The buildings here are made with pink-painted sandstone which brings it the name of Pink City. With fantastic attractions all around the city, it invites tourists from all over the world. Jaipur’s rich cultural heritage is displayed in the traditions, customs, lifestyle, art and architecture of this place.
2. Art & Crafts – The Mughal and Rajput rulers used to invite skilled artists and craftsmen from India and abroad to display and share their abilities with the people of Jaipur. Some of the artful talents of artisans includes: Bandhani, Block printing, Stone carving and Sculpture, Tarkashi, Zari, Gota, Kinari and Zardozi, Silver Jewellery, Gems, Kundan, Meenakari and Jewellery, Miniature paintings, Blue Pottery, Ivory carving, Shellac work, Leather ware etc.
3. Cuisine – The pink city Jaipur serves scrumptious cuisines that are known throughout India, dishes like Dal Bati Churma, Missi Roti, and sweets like Ghevar, Feeni, Gajak, Chaugun ke laddu, Moong Dhal, to name a few. Rajasthani cuisine is full of nutrition since it’s made in ghee and butter; and is generally vegetarian.
4. Adventure – Jaipur, is a city of adventure as activities like Camel and Elephant Safari, Boating & Polo are just perfect adventure delights for the day.
5. Shopping – Jaipur has a number of markets which offer traditional jewellery, Fabrics with block prints, Tie & Dye, Bandhej etc. some of the prominent bazaars also have Handicrafts, Mojaris, Antiques, Rajasthani Furniture and much more
Jaipur, the ‘Pink City’ of Rajasthan, traps the Travellers across nation by its stunning Architecture, colourful Attire and mouth-watering Delicacies. It’s a delight for young adventure lovers as well with the Traditional Camel and Elephant Safaris.
EduTrips serves some of the finest tailor made Itineraries for customized Tour Packages across the world. Enjoy, Learn & Experience the beauty of the Exotic Destinations
Feel free to call EduTrips Tour Consultants for more details.Call us at +91-9026-222-668 or email us at [email protected]